The historical background of this piece of land dates back to the days of the “Hanging” Judge Begbie who acquired this parcel of land in 1859. Governor James Douglas, representing the British Crown, signed the documents for the transfer of title from the Crown to Judge Begbie. Today, the property once again holds the 19th century ambiance.
Starling Lane Winery
The winery is now closed, but many of our wines are still available at local wine shops. We are pleased to report that our vineyards continue to be part of the Island wine industry. Since 2013, Symphony Vineyard on the Saanich Peninsula has leased and farmed the vineyard at Starling Lane, making wine from the Ortega and Foch grapes.